New Parent Support Program
|Monday - Friday||7:30am - 4:00pm|
|Building 645 Rm 106||928.269.2308|
COVID Coach is a FREE app for everyone, including Veterans and Servicemembers to support self-care and overall mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
NOTE: COVID Coach is not intended to replace needed professional care related to COVID-19 or mental health conditions, such as PTSD.
New Parent Support Calendar
Parenting can be a challenge, especially for military families. The demands of transitioning to a new installation, parental absence due to deployments or other military requirements, and being separated from family members and social supports can make adjusting to parenting all the more challenging.
The New Parent Support Program (NPSP) is a professional team of social workers, counselors and registered nurses who provide education and support to Marine families who are expecting or raising children aged 0 -5 years old.
The New Parent Support Program helps families cope with stress, isolation, post-deployment reunions, and the everyday demands of parenthood through a variety of programs including home visits, support groups, and parenting classes.
New Parent Support Program provides parenting education on a variety of topics such as pregnancy and health, breastfeeding, newborn care, attachment and bonding, infant massage, discipline, child development and toddler care.
- Home visits allow Marines and spouses to receive help with their concerns as a parent or parent-to-be in the privacy of their own home. Home visitors provide individualized family support, based on the unique needs of each family.
- Office visits allow Marines and spouses to receive help with their concerns as a parent or parent-to-be in a private and convenient location on base. Home visitors provide individualized family support, based on the unique needs of each family.
- Baby Boot Camp classes are designed to teach the basic skills necessary for providing newborn care.
- Pregnancy Basics classes are designed to teach what to expect when expecting throughout the different stages of pregnancy and delivery.
- Stork Club is an interactive support group for children 0-18 months of age, designed to teach parents developmentally appropriate play, meet other parents and expand your support network while covering various weekly topics such as teething, milestones and other infant care topics.